Field IT Engineer
Tex R Us, LLC
Posted 3 years ago
Field IT Engineer
Job title: Field IT Engineer
Occupation: Network and Computer Systems Administrators
Location: 2525 Blueberry Road, Suite 206, Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Minimum Age: 18
Education: Attained High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
Misc: D-Private Vehicle class driver’s license, personal vehicle and cell phone required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Formal IT education is desired.
- Min. 3 years (5+ preferred) of professional experience configuring, supporting, and fixing complex IT environments.
- Experience working with non-technical end users; proficiency translating business requirements into technical specifications and back.
- Working knowledge of windows operating systems (desktop and servers), Exchange, active directory, DNS, firewalls, network security, policies, etc.
- Proven technical verbal/writing skills; strong knowledge of current IT methodologies, standards, and terminology; proven ability to prepare labor/material quotes and identify key points for proposals.
- Solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Suitable combination of education and experience acceptable.
Salary: $17 – $22 per hour
Pay comments: DOE/To be discussed
Benefits: Gas allowance, cell phone use allowance
Term: Full time
Evaluation Period: 90 days
Essential Job Duties:
- Be able to multi-task with attention to details and priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines without direct supervision.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with customers on various levels (consulting, support, phone troubleshooting, etc.)
- Apply mathematical, logical, and technical skills to make accurate estimates with estimated work breakdown.
- Assist with IT systems/components selection and research.
- Installation of new hardware and software: Servers, network gear (routers, firewalls, etc), desktops, peripherals (printers, all-in-ones, etc), software (client/server and desktop based), etc.
- Maintenance of software/hardware/network.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot and fix various problems with hardware/software/network.
- Be able to resolve “new” and “unknown” problems, as IT changes daily, with correct troubleshooting approach and intimate knowledge of IT systems and how they function.
- Must be able to deal with deadlines. Ability to work overtime on occasion is highly desired.